Friday, July 2, 2010

Exhaustion

It has been an exhausting week and it's not over. This has been one of those weeks that has it's emotional ups and downs. I know my way to Dell Children's Hospital now. Not something I particularly wanted to know. Good news is that everyone is ok now. I don't think anything that has happened could have really been prevented. It's just been a bit of a rough term. I haven't had much of a break this week. Normally I have  a chance to nap during the day when we have what is called "recharge" after lunch. This week though there just hasn't been time for one reason or another. I had to cover phones one day, then there was the picture day from hell (and started my period that day), went into town today...hopefully tomorrow I can rest a little. I will finally get a real break monday night to tuesday and it will be a much appreciated break. Sometimes those are the best. I hate when I become so exhausted but it does make me appreciate my break even more. It really hasn't been that bad of a week, I'm just a little tired and moody. I always tell people though that I would rather experience a bad day at camp than be just about anywhere else. I really do love this place a whole lot. And while parts of this week have been pretty rough, I gave my talk in front of camp last saturday and it went far better than I ever imagined it would. Kids applauded halfway through it and so many people came up to me afterward telling me how much they loved it. That meant more to me than many of them imagined because I really did share my heart up there on that stage, and doing that is just not something I do often. I really am thankful I had the opportunity to do that even if I get a little stage fright. It was definitely worth it. Knowing that I have the opportunity to impact kids really is what keeps me coming back here. Hearing that I made a difference means more to me than these kids know. Anyway, I'm exhausted. I love my leadership friends. They just brought me back a strawberry limeade. Random thing to share, I know, but it's nice knowing that we have each other's backs. Anyway, on that note I need to finish my job and go to bed. Sorry for being kind of rambly.

1 comment:

  1. Great stories! What happened at dell childrens? Sorry for the rough term! :P

    ReplyDelete