Thursday, July 8, 2010

R.I.P. Laptop

Ok, so my laptop isn't totally dead, and I'm actually quite lucky that it's not. It slipped off my desk chair the other night in the leadership office onto a nice hard floor. The noise was not pretty. It's a good thing I had my time off the day before so I wasn't as exhausted and therefore was able to handle the problem fairly calmly. And by fairly calmly I mean I looked calm, but inside my head a few choice words might have been thought, but I didn't start crying. :/ It was working ok after the drop, but then yesterday I got what is known as the "black screen of death." Last night I made the hour trek to Austin for an appointment at the Apple store. The man who helped me was really nice and apparently helped start the Apple store in MS that is just a couple minutes away from my house. Random. He was able to save my hard drive which was very good news for me, so I do at least have all my data. There was no external damage to the computer which meant that he didn't have to put that it was dropped, and therefore, saved me a lot of money. So basically in about 4-5 days and $280 later I'll have my laptop back and be able to put my hard drive back in. In the meantime I was able to buy a case thing for my hard drive which allows me to pull files off of it. Very good news since all of my photos for this term at camp are on there. Overall it wound up being much better than it could have been. I was bracing myself for the worst this isn't too bad, and it maybe it will fix some other little problems I was having.

No comments:

Post a Comment