Monday, July 19, 2010

8 1/2 weeks gone, 3 to go... :(

     I really can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. I've been here for about 8 1/2 weeks now, and I have just 3 left that are going to fly by. I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to be back here one last summer. This place has meant a lot to me, and has had a big impact on my life. It's an amazing job, but definitely not always easy. You really can go through just about every emotion in a day sometimes...maybe even an hour. I've had days that started off bad turn into one of the best days. I've had some days that have just been a roller coaster of emotions. The cool thing is that I feel like I can be real, and be myself, especially with my fellow leadership members. I will miss these people so much. Not going to think about that yet though, because I still have 3 weeks to live it up here.
     Speaking of good days, last night was an incredible night of worship. It was Alex's last night to lead praise and worship, and he did a great job. I ran slides for him as usual, and it was so cool to look out and see how many kids were there singing their hearts out to God. Sunday night praise and worship nights are optional, but last night it was packed. They asked Alex not to open up the mic this summer for people to share like last summer just because it makes the night too long and emotional, but three girls came up anyway. One of them shared about how a close friend of hers died this year, and she had given up on God, but she realized she couldn't make it without God. She shared a Psalm that talked about crying out to God. Another girl this term shared last summer about how she had an eating disorder, but now she has started a blog to help other people who have eating disorders. I love the kids this term. They're so full of life, and passion. Yeah, they struggle, and aren't always the easiest kids because they're just crazy, but they're also wanting to go deeper in their relationship with God, and just like with everything else in life, they have a passion that is just awesome.
     After praise and worship was over the senior camper girls (10th graders) asked Alex to come back to their compound, and have an extended praise and worship. I went back with him, and got to share some with them. It was just a neat time. We got in a little trouble for keeping them up too late, but it was worth it. I love those girls. I'm really going to miss these kids.
     Today was picture day which is where I have to take pictures of all the kids holding up a slip of paper with their name and year it is for them at camp on it. It usually goes all the way through lunch and recharge (nap time), but today was the smoothest and quickest picture day ever. I actually got to have a little bit of my recharge time afterward.
    Tonight I have my Selah (24 hr period off) which will be nice. I think one of my friends and I are going to go eat at this awesome Thai place in town then go see Despicable Me. I'm pretty excited. Overall today has been a surprisingly good day. I'll be shooting pictures of the senior camper girls during 4th period (4 p.m.), which will be fun. I say surprisingly good because usually picture day is a pretty rough day, and I had trouble sleeping last night. Anyway, I need to get back to walking around and taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment