Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Selah

It's amazing what a little sleep can do. I had my selah (24 hr. period off) from 6:30 last night to 6:30 tonight and it was a great selah. It was definitely much needed. Last night pretty much all of us who were on selah (14 of us) went to Chuy's (a restaurant in Austin) to eat and then went to Amy's Ice Cream afterward. I had never been to either place (both were great), and the group was a lot of fun. Then today I just had some time to myself. I slept in then went into town. Got some laundry done, made a walmart run, cleaned my part of the cabin, vacuumed the cabin and cleaned the sink. I also explored the historic district of Marble Falls which is a really neat area. I bought my mom a birthday gift at this cool antique and gift store. I'm pretty proud of my purchase. I had a venti iced caramel macchiato right before coming back to camp and I still feel jittery from it. It really was a great selah. I needed the time to relax and just some time to myself. I feel like a completely different person than I was Sunday night. Now it's time to finish this term strong. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment