Thursday, March 10, 2011

Strike 2...3rd time is the charm?

Today I just found out that my 2nd attempt to go on a mission trip in June fell through. It's frustrating being in an area that I know is full of missions minded people, but trips keep falling through because there aren't enough people signing up. I know there are various reasons, but it's still frustrating. I really want to go this summer, and I know God is sovereign and will place me where I'm supposed to go. Speaking of, it looks like I might get to go to Haiti. Hoping that the 3rd try is the charm and not strike 3. My home church is taking a group from the senior high to Haiti, including my sister, and I might get to help chaperone the trip. It's looking like it's going to happen, so if you read this and could pray for me and this opportunity I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. If you're talking about with First Baptist Jackson...I'm definitely going with them to Haiti this summer. The first week of July. It would be pretty sweet if we ended up going at the same time....just saying ;)

    And you're right. Don't be discouraged. Whatever God has for you this summer will be just right! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am talking about with FBCJ but I'd be going on the youth trip in June as a chaperone. I wish we were going at the same time. That would be awesome. I'll be at camp in July though. I'm just working one term at camp back as a counselor which is term 3 for 3 weeks in July.

    ReplyDelete