Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Life Lately

Every now and then I like to do what I call a "Life Lately" post where I give you an update on my life mainly through pictures. I'm really bad about keeping up with my blog, so sometimes I just do a massive post like now, when I should be reading for my class tonight instead.

Ever been to a party that was busted by the police...when there was no alcohol/drugs/etc. involved? I can now say I have. Some girls from my church threw a really fun mardi gras dance party saturday night that they called mardiglow because they covered the room in black trash bag material and had black lights and glow sticks. It was pretty awesome, but the neighbors called the police because the music was up too loud. First time I've ever been to a cop busted party and it was a seminary/church party no less. ha (No pics from this event as I have yet to upload them.) Apparently black lights was the theme of the weekend because friday night I went and played laser tag with a fun group for my friend Jerod's birthday. We had fun dominating the little kids. ha I came in 2nd out of about 50 in the team game. Our group had the top 5 spots. We show no mercy when it comes to laser tag.

I've really enjoyed getting to be crafty lately...and by crafty I don't mean sneaky/tricky. I mean that I've gotten to put my art skills to use. I just joined a Bible study small group through Highview's campus church that meets on Thursday nights. Since we didn't have our books yet, we decorated journals this past thursday. I was definitely in my element and really liked the way mine turned out.
I also got to paint recently. I was in the mood to paint and had a little time last weekend so I pulled out my painting supplies and came out with this, based off a fall shot in Cherokee that I took. Below is my painting and my shot that I loosely based it off of.

My roommate, Sharon, has also been in a project mood lately, and she has started a little garden. I took a few shots of it, and the plants have grown even more since then. We'll have to transfer them to actual pots before too long.


I've actually felt like I have a decent social life this semester which has been nice. Some of my friends live in a house near campus and threw a fiesta party recently. You can check out some of the fun from that party over at my friend Jessica Fregoe's blog. There was some fun dancing along with some hair whipping action.

Speaking of parties, both my roommate, Liz, and I, celebrated our birthdays earlier this semester. We went ice-skating and hung out at the apartment for mine and we had a British tea party for hers.




Almost forgot to mention our little Valentine's party/hangout. My friend Monica has been really into making virgin drinks lately so on Valentine's she had some of us over and made us all some tasty drinks.


Well that pretty well sums up a lot of my social life so far this semester. Hope you enjoyed the update/pictures. Now back to reading for class tonight. -Allison-

No comments:

Post a Comment