Monday, March 14, 2011

Haiti

Well, it looks like the third time is the charm for me when it comes to trips this summer. After two trips falling through for this summer, my third try looks like it's working out and I'm excited about it. My home church is helping build a community in Haiti-find out more here: http://www.fbcj.org/Missions-Haiti.html-and they are taking a group of high school students, including my sister, on a trip in June to help with the building. After my previous trips fell through, I talked to my mom and she suggested look at trips through our home church, and thought of the idea that they might need people to go on the Haiti trip, plus she would just feel more comfortable with my sister going if I was there as well. She talked to the youth minister for me since I don't know him at all, and then I contacted him through email after it sounded like they could use me. I just heard back from him, and got the official yes. I've participated in many mission trips, but I've never been a chaperon for one. I'm both excited and nervous. This is a new type of leadership for me. There are multiple ways that you can be praying if you are reading this. 1. That God will use me to make a difference in the lives of the youth on this trip. 2. That we will make a difference in the lives of the people in Haiti. 3. That I will have confidence in God's ability to use me as a leader on this trip. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment