Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Camp

This will be my 3rd and most likely final summer at Camp Balcones Springs. I leave in the morning for leadership training and will be there until Aug. 8th. I'll be working as photographer. I just want to take the time to share a few prayer requests before I hit the road early in the morning.
• Travel (11ish hrs of driving to get there)
• Servant attitude of leadership team (myself included)-it's easy to take advantage of your status as leadership and forget that your role should be there to serve.
• Safety of kids and staff
• That God would use me to reach kids and counselors.
• That I will be a good example of a leader.
• Patience-it can wear thin as the summer goes on.
• That I would stay disciplined in my Bible study.-It can be hard when you're constantly pouring out, but not getting poured into.
• Full Time Staff-that they would continue to take the camp in a direction that honors and gives glory to God.
• Attitudes-along the same line as patience...it gets hard working so closely with a group all summer. Just pray for our group dynamics, and that we won't have too much petty bickering, especially amongst our leadership team.
I'm sure there are others, and I will continue to try to update during the summer. Can't promise how frequent it will be. Oh and feel free to write! I love mail!
Allison Rushing-Leadership
104 Balcones Springs Dr.
Marble Falls, TX 78654

No comments:

Post a Comment