Saturday, May 22, 2010

Broken

Well, I'm here...at camp that is. I've already cried once. Not a bad cry really, just a release. We girls tend to do that sometimes. For some reason we especially seem to do that at camp. At least I know that's true for most of us on leadership. Something about this place just brings out emotions in me that I didn't even realize were there, and needed releasing. It's a bit hard to explain. We had leadership D-group time last night to prepare us for leading D-groups. 


It seems that most of us are coming here this summer in a place where we're already broken. A lot of times it happens that God breaks us during our time here, but also restores us. It's hard, but so worth it. Well this summer so many of us are in a place where we're already broken and seeking that restoration and peace that only God can give. Pray for us. We need it. It's amazing the trust we already have with each other, and I'm thankful for that. It's one of the reasons I'm back. One of many. I really feel that it's going to be a great summer...not easy, but great nonetheless. 


Prayer Requests:
• Healing for those who are coming to camp hurting.
• My sinuses and the health of everyone working.
• Servant attitudes
• Communication and community
• Consistent quiet times
• Counselors come monday, so all that goes along with that...meeting them, training, adjustments, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment