Friday, June 4, 2010

Football MVP...What?

Orientation week is almost over and I'm pretty exhausted...kids aren't even here yet...but it's been fun. I love that I get to experience so many unique things at camp. Here are just a few things I've experienced since I've been here: Sanding (power tools are fun) tables in the crafts shed, driving a bus, helped organize the crafts shed, learned to ride a horse, got to be Lone Star (my team) legend (pictures and further explanation to come in a later post), did some country two-stepping, witnessed some leadership guys shearing llamas, painted rails, helped design sets for theme nights, helped clean out the oasis snack shack, sodded grass and planted plants for the new putt-putt course (yes you read that right...putt-putt course at camp), helped set up and take down sound equipment multiple times, lead some small group times, witnessed some beautiful sunsets and stars, am now first aid and cpr certified, went down the zip, shot some archery, picked plums and ate them straight off a tree, and was considered the mvp of the winning old school team in the rookie vs old school girls' flag football game...yeah camp is pretty awesome, and I'm sure I've left out quite a few things.


Yes you read that last thing on the list correctly, hence the title of this post. I was actually considered the MVP of my flag football team today. I love the rookie vs. old school girl counselor's flag football game. It's so much fun. Apparently I make quite the intense face when I'm playing and then just break out into my smile as soon as the play is over. I laughed when someone told me that because I know they're right. Hey, I get intense in competition. It's fun. I was able to make some pretty good stops on the fastest girl on the other team. Stick me running on defense in flag football and I have fun. Especially today. It was probably the best I've played. Quite fun. Here's a picture of our team acting fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment