Sunday, June 6, 2010

Attack of the 3 Year Old

I have many more things I could write about right now seeing as we just finished up our training weeks, but I feel that I must share the hilarious event that happened to me today in the laundromat instead. So as usual our staff invaded the laundromat on our day off today. There were quite a few of us leadership and counselors in there doing laundry and just hanging out. As we're all talking and folding clothes a little 3 year old hispanic girl begins to run around the laundromat screaming. She was really quite cute, and so when she ran by us I waved at her. She looked at me with big eyes then ran around a few more times, finally stopping again at me and releasing her red balloon into the air. Seeing as she couldn't reach the string I decided to be nice and reach up and give it back to her...mistake. She then proceeded to beat me with her balloon, backing me into the row of dryers as I and every other staff member in there are laughing hysterically. After she finished beating me she kept releasing her balloon and getting me to hand it back to her. Then she started saying something which I couldn't quite decipher but eventually figured out she wanted candy from the vending machine. I told her to go ask her mom for candy so she ran off, but she came back and pulled me over to the machine. When I told her I couldn't give her candy she gave me an indian burn and then pinched me and dug her fingers into my arm leaving red marks. Not okay. It was actually quite painful. Who knew such a cute little girl could be so vicious. Why her mom was letting her run up and ask a stranger for candy, I have no idea. I was taught as a child never to take candy from strangers, but I guess she was taught differently. My laundromat experience today was quite the adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment