Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Free Stuff

My roommates are notorious for their ability to get free stuff, especially Liz. For example, Liz recently got 180 vitamin waters for close to free if not free. She also recently got paid 18 cents for a purchase of some razors. It's quite impressive, really, just how good she is at this. Well, earlier this year we heard that a new Chick-Fil-A was opening down Bardstown Rd. in the Fern Creek area. When a new Chick-Fil-A opens 100 people plus 10 alternates get to camp out to win free Chick-Fil-A once a week for a year. If more than 100 people show up then they do a raffle to see who gets to camp out. We prepared yesterday for this, acquiring a tent, flashlights, blankets, etc. and woke up at 4:30 this morning to get dressed and head down there. 175 people showed up, so a raffle was done and one by one numbers were called out. Sharon's number was called out fairly early and Liz was called out somewhere in the 60s. Sadly my number 9962 was never called out. Almost every number around me was called as were 9952 and 9972, but not mine. At least 2 out of the 3 of us were drawn, so that's a little over 100 Chick-Fil-A coupons in our apt, and once again I'm impressed at my roommates' abilities to get free stuff. I did get coupons for 2 free sandwiches and 2 free chicken biscuits so at least there was a consolation prize for those of us who got up early but were the unlucky 65 who did not get drawn. Maybe one day I'll master this whole free stuff thing like my roommates. They have inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment