Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Greek

Oh man, I don't think I really knew what I was getting into when I signed up for Pennington's Greek syntax and exegesis class. I've never really had to seriously worry about passing a class, but right now I'm worried. It's not that I'm not understanding things, it's just that he gives us vocab/principle part quizzes on top of the homework that takes hours to do already. I just don't have time to focus on it all. By the time I've got my passage translated and done my study questions and thought flow diagram my brain is fried and my quiz studying doesn't happen as thoroughly as it should...and it's not like I have 3 other classes or anything. I hope the effort I put into the homework makes up for the poor quiz grades. Just looked at the grading system and thankfully the quizzes shouldn't hurt me too bad. I haven't done terrible on them, but I haven't done well either. I'll be fine, it's just a whole lot of work. I will say that it is interesting, and translating the Bible definitely makes you slow down and read it more thoroughly. It also allows you to see little nuances that you don't see as well in a translation. I'm glad I'm taking the class, but it can definitely be overwhelming. Whoever it was that told me that constantly feeling 3 weeks behind is normal for this class, you were right, and thank you for sharing so that I don't feel like a complete failure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey ma'am!
    Nick uses this site to help him some: http://biblewebapp.com/

    Maybe you can get some use out of it too. :) Let me know if it helps.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete